Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Beauty" (Originally Written 8/31/10)

The sun goes down over Lake Michigan's deep blue,
A deep blue that fades into an emerald green,
Which mingles with the dirt brown water being washed ashore.

I watch as the three colors blend together,
"LAKE MICHIGAN'S OIL PAINTING", I yell at the top of my lungs,
Wanting to wrap body in their validity tightly,
Wanting to grasp some sort of beauty.

He sits in silence on the rocks, watching me watch the sunset,
Saying sweetly, "Sit down so I can kiss beauty",
Putting out a hand to grab mine, softly.

I take the hand,
Let it guide me to his warm body that towers over me,
Feeling him whisper, "I never thought I'd have beauty in my arms,"
Lips being pressed against my forehead,
Warmth circling us.

I smirk,
Tell him he's "crazy" for saying such non-sense,
Turning my gaze to the lake's oil painting,
Only to find that the colors have dissolved into darkness,
Where did beauty go?

He glides behind me gently,
Hands slide comfortably around waist,
Lips graze neck softly, sending cliche chills down spine,
Whispers, "I could do this forever".

I pull him close,
Trying to make two bodies one,
Stand in silence,
Feeling beauty surge between us,
Two souls enjoying the sweet darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment